Introducing Registered Dietitian
Barb M. Mahlmeister RDN, IFMCP
If you have been looking for a practitioner to help you resolve a chronic, medical issue, Natural Choice Nutrition is the right place for you. As a Registered Dietitian, Licensed Nutritionist, and a Certified Functional Medical Practitioner, I work with all ages across the nation offering the genetic consulting services you may need. I also hold a number of seminars, concerning different health topics and conditions. I look forward to working with you to improve your health and overall sense of wellness.
Education & Training
• 2002 Registered Dietitian and Licensed Nutritionist -RDN
• 2009 IFM - Detoxification
• 2010 IFM - Functional Nutrition
• 2010 IFM - Gastrointestinal
• 2010 IFM - Immune
• 2011 IFM - Hormone
• 2012 IFM - Cardio-Metabolic
• 2007 AFMCP (Applied Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice)
• 2013 The Institute for Functional Medicine, Certified Practitioner
• 2014 IFM International Symposium: Nutrition
• 2015 IFM International Symposium: Genetics
• 2016 IFM International Symposium: Modifiable Lifestyle Factors
How I Got Started
Prior to becoming a Nutritionist, I had been attending functional medicine seminars since the early 90s, and worked for a major airline for 25 years. After taking a trip to Africa to climb the mountains, I became very ill and after visiting a number of specialists and being on antibiotics for months, was finally diagnosed with a parasite. The side effects of the antibiotic played havoc on my gastrointestinal system, and no one could help me resolve the issues.
Desperate to figure out what what was causing my issues, I started reading and studying, trying to find a protocol to ease my symptoms. Eventually, treating myself for candida, a fungal infection.
From that experience, realizing a void that needed to be filled in this area, decided to return to school to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Dietetics & Nutrition, furthering my studies through the Institute of Functional Medicine and was in the inaugural class of 2013.