Experienced & Registered Dietitian in Tampa, FL
My name is Barb M. Mahlmeister RDN, IFMCP, and as a registered dietitian in Tampa, FL, I can help you achieve optimum wellness. When you choose Natural Choice Nutrition, you’ll receive focused and comprehensive attention you deserve. Schedule a consultation for personalized nutritional services today to improve your overall well-being.
Nutritional & Genetic Counseling
As a certified nutrition specialist, I have years of experience in nutritional counseling. Working closely with you, I can help with many health issues you are experiencing, no matter your age. My services include genetic, immune, and hormone counseling, as well as educational seminars about a variety of health topics. I can help patients anywhere in the United States as I do most of my work online.
Putting My Life Experience to Work for You
Many of the best medical practitioners are those who have experienced health problems themselves. That’s certainly the case with me. In the early 1990s, while working for a major airline, I attended seminars about functional medicine. Little did I know this interest would become a career. I use my training as a certified nutrition specialist to help people, I offer immune counseling, hormone counseling, and genetic consulting services in Tampa, Fl.
Following a trip to Africa, I became very ill and visited many specialists in order to find a cure. However, not only were they unable to diagnose me, they couldn’t treat me even after several antibiotics. Eventually, I was diagnosed as having a parasite. Unfortunately, the antibiotics did little to help, and they were very hard on my system, and no one could resolve the issues. I researched the condition and treated myself for candida, a fungal infection. Today, that experience serves me well as a gastrointestinal nutritionist. During consultations with my patients, I always dig deep into their health issues to determine the right solution for their specific case.
After this experience, I went back to school to earn a Bachelor of Science in Dietetics & Nutrition. Then, I furthered my studies through the Institute of Functional Medicine and was in the inaugural class of 2013.
Education & Training
I received my credentials as a Registered Dietitian and Licensed Nutritionist (RDN) in 2002 and continued to add to this knowledge base and skills over the years. My educational and training upgrades are vast and include:
• 2002 Registered Dietitian and Licensed Nutritionist -RDN
• 2007 AFMCP (Applied Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice)
• 2009 IFM - Detoxification
• 2010 IFM - Functional Nutrition
• 2010 IFM - Gastrointestinal
• 2010 IFM - Immune
• 2011 IFM - Hormone
• 2012 IFM - Cardio-Metabolic
• 2013 The Institute for Functional Medicine, Certified Practitioner
• 2014 IFM International Symposium: Nutrition
• 2015 IFM International Symposium: Genetics
• 2016 IFM International Symposium: Modifiable Lifestyle Factors
• 2017 IFM International Symposium: The Dynamic Brain
• 2017 The End of Alzheimer's, Dr. Bredesen's Protocol - Certified Practitioner
• 2018 IFM International Symposium: Solving the Puzzle of Autoimmunity; The Interplay of Gut, Genes, and Environment
• 2019 IFM International Symposium: Stress, Pain, & Addiction: Transformative Treatments & Innovative Solutions