Introducing Registered Dietitian
Barb M. Mahlmeister RDN, IFMCP
If you have been looking for a practitioner to help you resolve a chronic, medical issue, Natural Choice Nutrition is the right place for you. As a Registered Dietitian, Licensed Nutritionist, and a Certified Functional Medical Practitioner, I work with all ages across the nation offering the genetic consulting services you may need. I also hold a number of seminars, concerning different health topics and conditions. I look forward to working with you to improve your health and overall sense of wellness.
Education & Training
• 2002 Registered Dietitian and Licensed Nutritionist -RDN
• 2007 AFMCP (Applied Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice)
• 2009 IFM - Detoxification
• 2010 IFM - Functional Nutrition
• 2010 IFM - Gastrointestinal
• 2010 IFM - Immune
• 2011 IFM - Hormone
• 2012 IFM - Cardio-Metabolic
• 2013 The Institute for Functional Medicine, Certified Practitioner
• 2014 IFM International Symposium: Nutrition
• 2015 IFM International Symposium: Genetics
• 2016 IFM International Symposium: Modifiable Lifestyle Factors
• 2017 IFM International Symposium: The Dynamic Brain
• 2017 The End of Alzheimer's, Dr. Bredesen's Protocol - Certified Practitioner
• 2018 IFM International Symposium: Solving the Puzzle of Autoimmunity; The Interplay of Gut, Genes, and Environment
How I Got Started
Prior to becoming a Nutritionist, I had been attending functional medicine seminars since the early 90s, and worked for a major airline for 25 years. After taking a trip to Africa to climb the mountains, I became very ill and after visiting a number of specialists and being on antibiotics for months, was finally diagnosed with a parasite. The side effects of the antibiotic played havoc on my gastrointestinal system, and no one could help me resolve the issues.
Desperate to figure out what was causing my issues, I started reading and studying, trying to find a protocol to ease my symptoms. Eventually, treating myself for candida, a fungal infection.
From that experience, realizing a void that needed to be filled in this area, decided to return to school to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Dietetics & Nutrition, furthering my studies through the Institute of Functional Medicine and was in the inaugural class of 2013.